As we approach the end of the age and things in the world go from bad to worse and we approach the great tribulation period, which will immediately precede the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is important that we learn to live by faith more and more.
And "faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of Christ" (Rom.10:17).
Jesus quoted the Word of God whenever He was tempted by Satan in the wilderness - and thus He overcame each temptation. Jesus had stored the Word of God in His mind from childhood. And from that storehouse, the Holy Spirit reminded Him of the appropriate Word for each temptation.
We too need to store the Word of God in our minds. What we read, we must believe. And what we believe in our heart we must confess with our mouth. (Rom.10:8,9)- because we overcome Satan by "the word of our testimony" (Rev.12:11).
But our confession must always be based on God's specific promises.
Some preachers teach that if we confess anything with our mouth, that thing will happen or we will get what we confess. That is presumption and foolishness. God has promised to fulfil His Word - not what we speak in presumption. So we must find God's promises in His Word first - and confess only those.
It is our faith based on God's Word that overcomes the world (1 John 5:4).
True faith is the leaning of our whole personality upon God in total confidence in His unconditional LOVE, His almighty POWER, and His perfect WISDOM.
So during this coming year, with faith in what God has promised, make the following eight confessions (based on the Word of God) frequently. Say them to yourself and say them to Satan from your heart. And memorize the Scriptures given below, relevant to each confession. And be an overcomer
1. God the Father loves me as He loved Jesus - So I will always rejoice.Jesus prayed, "Father, I want the world to know that You loved them, even as You have loved Me" (John 17:23). We must always find our security in our heavenly Father's immense love and care for us. Then we will be totally free from all anxiety.
2. God has forgiven me all my sins - So I will never live with guilt. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John.1:9). The Lord has said, "I will be merciful to their iniquities and I will remember their sins no more" (Heb.8:12). We must always rest in the certainty that our past has been blotted out. We must never allow Satan to condemn us about our past. We should not condemn ourselves either.
3. God will fill me with His Holy Spirit - So I will always be strong enough for every task. "If you being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (Luke 11:13). We should ensure that every area in our life is yielded to the Lord and then pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit - every day of the new year. God will certainly fill us.
4. God has determined all my boundaries - So I will always be content. "God has determined every man's appointed times and the boundaries of his habitation" (Acts 17:26). "Be content with what you have; for God has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.'" (Heb.13:5). We should have no complaints about our circumstances and we should never compare our lot with anyone else's throughout the new year.
5. God's commands are ALL for my good - So I want to obey ALL of God's commands always. "His commandments are not burdensome" (1 John.5:3) "The Lord's commandments and His statutes are all for your good" (Deut.10:13). The proof of our love for the Lord Jesus is always obedience to His commandments (John 14:15). So we must be eager to obey every command of God in this new year.
6. God controls ALL people and events that affect me - So I will always give thanks. "God causes ALL things to work together for good to those who love Him, to those who are called according to His purpose" (Rom.8:28). If we love God and want to fulfil His purpose for our lives alone, then everything that happens to us will work for our very best. How wonderful it is to know that every person and event that we encounter this year will only work for our good.
7. Jesus defeated Satan and freed me from his power - So I will never be afraid. "Through death Jesus rendered powerless the one who had the power of death, that is, the devil, to set free those who were subject to slavery all their lives" (Heb.2:14,15). "The Lord is my Helper. So I will not be afraid." (Heb.13:6). Satan has not been destroyed as yet by God. But he has been disarmed by our Lord. So resist Satan in Jesus' Name - and he WILL run away from you (James.4:7).
8. God wants to make me a blessing - So I WILL always be a blessing to others. "The Lord said, 'I will bless you, and you will be a blessing" (Gen.12:2). "In Christ Jesus, the blessing of Abraham comes to us, and we receive the promise of the Holy Spirit through faith" (Gal.3:14). We cannot be a blessing to people on our own. Only God can make us a blessing to people. So claim this promise that God will make you a blessing to everyone you meet in this new year.
"All things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23).
May you be an overcomer in every situation in 2018, as you give your all to Christ and confess and experience the above promises of God, more and more.